Thursday, March 27, 2014

The Great Unnamed Epidemic

 
THE GREAT UNNAMED EPIDEMIC
LACK OF SELF-LOVE, SELF-COMPASSION
TIME FOR SELF-RECONCILIATION
Would you beat up on a Divine Being? Even if it is verbal, emotional abuse, you are doing that if you call yourself worthless, no good, lazy, an idiot, asshole, or dumb as shit. Or anybody else for that matter, however usually when we call anybody else that, it is a projection of our own feelings of lack of self-worth. I was brought up that way by my WWII vet. Marine Father, who fought in the worst battles in the Pacific.  He probably had ptsd, before they discovered that dis-ease! He would call me and my brothers all those names growing up, and somehow I can still feel those barbs 60 years later. I rebelled and went sailing as a young adult, not only from Dad, but from a culture that would send young men (mostly back then especially). My dear Brother Barry was one of those victims, a beautiful gregarious young man, who did not want to fight and fell in love with the Vietnamese people. So, as a helicopter pilot, he flew unarmed Medi-vac helicopters with red crosses on them, hopefully, they would not be shot down. I was in the army as a medic at the same time, not in Viet Nam, because he was(and he sent me letter warning me not to come there). He had only two weeks left out of 13 month tour.
Science of Mind magazine's photo.
From Science of Mind Magazine
 One time I was sailing for 6 months without reading a newspaper or listening to any news, and came back with dental problems. I looked down in the islands for a dentist, and finally found one on Crooked I. that said “Licensed to Pull Teeth Only”-beautifully carved wooden sign. So I took another swig of rum and a half of one the few percodans aboard, and sailed back into Ft. Lauderdale. There I had the wisdom tooth pulled anyway, and came out to wait for my ride, when I noticed a newspaper in a rack and read the headlines – “President Ford …” I was shocked and wondered what happened to President Nixon. Then I read about the whole Watergate scandal and Nixon’s subsequent resigning. Hmmm,


No comments:

Post a Comment