Thursday, March 6, 2014

Buddhism is not a religion to me


 
The Buddha did not base his ideas on faith but on empirical (self) observation, which makes him more of a scientist than a theologist. Though I practice a Buddhist type of meditation, I consider myself a Christian (Mystical (God is everywhere including within)type as found in Unity and Science of Mind). Mysticism to me is where spirituality bridges any religion - Sufism from Muslim, Kabbala from Judaism, as well as Unity and Science of Mind from Christianity. I consider what I know about Buddhism to a type of Mystical Psychology, which is most helpful in daily life.
 Kristin Mahoney: it is all semantics to me religion, observation, spirituality all man's ways to try to use word's to describe what we feel in our "hearts" "souls" "beings" ~ to name what is felt ~ that knowing inside that ultimately binds us in Goodness, Truth, The Light Love.



Photo: More Dalai Lama Wisdom:

 

 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment